I just started watching season three of the Vikings. Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer and Fox Home Entertainment sent me the Blu-ray to review on my movies blog. I love the first two seasons. I’ve only seen half of the ten episodes in season three, but I love what I’ve seen so far. For those of you who have not seen the show, you should. The Vikings is a partly historical drama about Ragnar Lothbrok. According to Norse legends, Ragnar is a Viking who led successful raids into England. Vikings Season 3 is available now on Blu-ray and DVD.
Season three of the Vikings starts off shortly after season two. After killing the previous king, Ragnar Lothbrok is now the new king. But as in previous seasons, Ragnar isn’t content with staying at home. So he heads back to England and helps his new ally defeat his enemies. But even though the Vikings and the English fight well together, there is tension because the two groups worship different gods. Meanwhile, a mysterious man shows up in the village. He seems to have some sort of power, so some of the people believe he’s really a god in disguise — maybe even Odin himself. Oh yeah, I almost forgot to mention, one of the main characters die in the third season.
Vikings Season 3 Synopsis
Prepare to raid and wage battle once again, in an ancient kingdom dominated by vengeance, lust and thrilling conquest, in Season 3 of Vikings. The gripping family saga of Ragnar, Rollo, Lagertha and Bjorn continues as loyalties are questioned and bonds of blood are tested. Now king of his people, Ragnar remains a restless wanderer, leading his band of Norse warriors on epic adventures from the shores of Essex to the mythical city of Paris. But stunning betrayals and hidden dangers will test Ragnar’s courage and strength like never before. The Season 3 Blu-ray and DVD include nearly two hours of extra content sure to please the most die-hard fans of the series.
Vikings Season 3 Episodes
- The Wanderer
- Warrior’s Fate
- The Usurper
- Born Again
- To the Gates!
- Breaking Point
- The Dead
Vikings Season 3 Blu-ray Special Features
- The Guide to the Gods — an interactive exploration of the various Gods in Nordic mythological lore, which include: Odin, Thor, Loki, Frigg, Baldr, Hel, Freyja, Freyr and Njordr (Blu-ray only)
- Extended Versions of All Episodes (Blu-ray only)
- Athelstan’s Journal (Parts 1 and 2) — provides insight into the character of “Athelstan,” as he seeks answers about his direction in life and seeking the honorable path.
- Heavy is the Head: The Politics of King Ragnar’s Rule
- A City Under Siege: Creating and Attacking Paris
- Extended Audio Commentary on “Born Again” and “Breaking Point” featuring Michael Hirst and Linus Roache (Blu-ray only)
- Deleted Scenes
More info: Vikings Season 3 Blu-ray